Many of us want to reduce debt and increase wealth. I'm no exception. This site will chronicle my efforts to live more frugally, pay off my debt, and save money. I hope you will find inspiration to get a handle on your own finances too, if you haven't already.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Small steps towards financial freedom

There are both big and small things that can be done towards achieving financial freedom. This post is about some of the small things.

In the craziness of the past several months, I've gotten away from some of my frugal ways. Here's a reminder that the small things can sometimes add up to big savings.

I resolve to return to these frugal habits:
  • Keep to the power company's off-peak hours for things like washing clothes.
  • Return to line drying the vast majority of our laundry.
  • Continue to hand wash dishes - with only two of us, it's easy and fast to hand wash dishes, and saves electricity, water, and gas (to heat the water).
These may be small changes, but they can have big long-term impact if I am vigilant about practicing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment