Many of us want to reduce debt and increase wealth. I'm no exception. This site will chronicle my efforts to live more frugally, pay off my debt, and save money. I hope you will find inspiration to get a handle on your own finances too, if you haven't already.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Getting started

I've set some lofty goals for myself over the years, but perhaps none is quite as important as this one: gaining control of my finances, including paying down debt and building up savings.

I've been working on the Amazing Business and Life Workbooks created by Leonie Dawson, and as a part of that process, I have really dug in and looked at my financial situation. I spent all of December sorting through my bills, analyzing my spending, and figuring out where I stand financially. I slipped up a bit around Christmas though and need to reign things back in. I didn't spend nearly as much as I typically do on Christmas, but I wasn't exactly paying attention to my financial choices either.

First, I need to get back to tracking every penny - I find that I am most successful if I check in at least twice daily with my bank account and my wallet.

I've created an aggressive savings plan for myself.

Budget pages for every month of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment